This article outlines instructions for implementing SS&E Authentication for new customers. If you are an existing customer and your institution would like to move from another authentication method to Office365 Authentication for SS&E, please reach out to your CSM or submit a support request at https://support.watermarkinsights.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for help.
Register Aviso Retention as an Application in Azure AD.
- As an Azure AD administrator, navigate to the following url: https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/authorize?client_id=3b9b9db1-b739-4237-8caa-89f22917ce3a&response_type=code&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avisoretention.com&prompt=admin_consent
- Accept the required permissions for the application. On success, you will be redirected to: https://www.avisoretention.com.
- Navigate to https://portal.azure.com and verify that the Watermark Student Success & Engagement (formerly Aviso Engage) application has been added to your Enterprise Applications.
- Let Watermark Technical Consultants know that you have completed the steps above.
- Only Azure AD administrators (or those who have access to "add enterprise applications") will be able to use this link.
- Clicking the link in the Azure menu will most likely not work as it is not supported.
- To test the authentication enter your SS&E/Aviso instance URL in your web browser directly. If you do not know your SS&E URL please reach out to your CSM, Implementation project manager or our support team.
- Technical Note: When using Microsoft OAuth 2.0 authentication, SS&E will examine the response from the user API endpoint for userPrincipalName. This value is then examined for an '@' symbol. If an '@' symbol is in the userPrincipalName, the user will be looked up by email address; otherwise the user will be looked up by username. If a match exists, the user will be logged in to the system based on the record that is found. Otherwise, the user will receive a message indicating that their user account has not been configured for authentication with SS&E.
Configure Student Success & Engagement and Test
Once the above has been completed, the authentication mode of your SS&E Instance can be modified to use this authentication integration to sign users into SS&E.